Monday, October 06, 2008

Another Lazy Week

I love Sundays in the fall. I'm a HUGE football fan so Sunday's my day as much as it is Rod's. I like College football too but there's always too many of them on TV on Saturday. I don't have time to sit and watch all day on both days so I pick Sunday. My Chargers (San Diego) and Rod's Seahawks (Seattle) aren't doing so well this year. That's always disappointing but we'll both still watch. I'm a big baseball fan too and we have the playoffs now too although neither one of our teams is in it. It's kinda hard to decide whether to watch football, baseball, or have a campfire. There's also the new TV shows on at prime time. Jeez. One thing we do have going for us is the satellite dish we have is capable of getting east coast feeds and west coast feeds so if we want we can watch prime time shows at 5:00 because that's 8:00 on the east coast. Also, if we miss a show we can always either watch it later or record it on the DVR. That's a lot of choices. Now if I could just remember what part of the country we're in and what time my shows come on. Sometimes I even set it up to record just to remind me that a show is coming on.

This has been a really slow week. I haven't really done anything since I got back from San Diego on Wednesday. Part of the reason is that it's so cold and rainy and windy here. I hate this kind of weather. I did get my phone straightened out. We got charged $65 on our T-Mobile bill this month for Canadian international rates. Canada is only 12 miles across the water from where we are right now. From what I've heard their towers are stronger than the U.S. ones. If we drive up the road about a mile or maybe even a half a mile outside the campground we can get a U.S. signal. I told the lady at T-Mobile that we are not in Canada and we were going to be here for another month and I don't want to pay international rates. She said, "no problem, we'll remove those charges from your bill." Wow, that was really easy.

Our campground has been really, really empty. We did have this one guy come in on Friday and paid for three sites. His kids were coming out later that evening. The thing is that he took the site right next to us and the two after that. There were only two other rigs in the entire campground and he had to park right next to us??? I don't get it. Anyway, those people all left today and five more rigs came in. They all parked down in the front row right in front of the water. That leaves our entire row empty again. There's those five in the front row, one rig in the middle row and us in the top row. That's it. The only problem with the rigs in the front row is that it's right by where Rod picks blackberries. There are signs on the fence that say not to go over the fence but he does it anyway. Somebody came up to our rig one day and told on him. The guy said, "There's some idiot on the other side of the fence picking blackberries". I had to tell him who it was.


Across the water you can't even see Canada


Foggy, ugly weather


Our empty campground



I actually started this on Sunday afternoon but now it's Monday morning and I'm still working on it. I think I've said this before but I'm really not a writer and I just say what comes in my head. We went out last night and had a campfire so that's another reason I didn't finish it yesterday.

Rod's mom is coming out tomorrow along with his sister, Sue and her husband Rich. Janet (Sue's friend from high school that we met here) is also coming out to see Sue. I was planning on doing burgers but the weather is supposed to be really bad. It's going to be kinda crowded inside our rig with that many people. There is a big Day Use building that has a big fireplace so we may just use that instead. We'll have to wait till tomorrow to see how bad the weather will be.

I have to say I'm ready to move on. Sitting for two months in the same spot isn't so bad if you have nice weather to go along with it. I think maybe we should have left at the first of the month. The weather changed in a matter of days. Oh well, we'll be heading out on the 1st of November but until then we still have more visitors coming later in the week.

More pictures of our daily visitors


1 comment:

Speedy said...

You will be braving the cold before long. I assume you will be heading south here real soon so you can thaw out? It is starting to cool off here in Texas some I will be glad to get to go next February.

Joe and Sherri