Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Catching Up

Boy, I just can't believe how fast time goes by. I'm really trying to keep up with my blog but when I go to write it I discover it's been almost a week since the last time I wrote. We're just busy, busy, busy.

We still haven't made it to see the Indiana Jones movie. We tried again last Sunday as I said we would. We found the theater okay, it was in a really cool outdoor mall in downtown Salt Lake City. We went inside to get our tickets and there was no line whatsoever. Cool, I thought. We went to pay and the guy turned his computer screen around for me to pick one of the 10 or so seats that were left! What???!!! You're kidding, right? No, he wasn't kidding. We certainly weren't going to go watch a movie in that crowded theater. I don't like crowds and since Rod retired a few years ago we have the luxury of being able to do things on weekdays without crowds. We are going to try again in the morning on Tuesday.

The kids and grandkids came over for dinner and playtime on Saturday. It was really windy here again and the park has quite a few empty sites right in front of us so they brought their kites. Now, these aren't the kind of kites we had when we were kids. In fact, kids can't even fly these kites. But, I think they spent more time untangling string than they did flying the kites. Dinner was just burgers on the grill and hotdogs for Ashton & Reilly.

They REALLY love the playground here.

Is she going to fly both of them??

That's a REALLY BIG knot!!

All he gets to do is throw it up into the air

"Helping" Daddy

YAY!! FINALLY airborne

On Monday Michele's in-laws Dave & Betty came over along with Michele, Todd, Ashton & Reilly. It wasn't supposed to rain but at 6:30 I was awakened by rain hitting the bedroom window. I thought maybe it would end soon so I just went back to sleep. When I got up and actually looked outside the sky didn't look like the rain was going to end anytime soon. *SIGH* We were planning on barbecuing steaks and veggies. They weren't coming over until around 4:00 so I still had hopes of the rain stopping. At least it wasn't windy so Rod was able to put out the awning so he could bbq under cover. That didn't last very long as the wind kicked up again so the awning had to be put away. Well, by the time everybody arrived the rain had stopped. It wasn't as warm as I would have liked but we were able to eat outside. The picnic tables here aren't like what you usually see in a campground. Instead of the wooden rectangular shaped tables we have round plastic tables. The benches can be moved so that if you're not using them they go under the table. Pretty cool.

Dave & Betty left but Michele & Todd stayed a little while longer. When Michele went out to start the car to go home it wouldn't start. Dead battery. The door had been left open all day and the battery drained. Of course nobody had jumper cables. It was late so we couldn't ask around the campground. She has roadside assistance so they came out a few hours later (always takes a few hours, doesn't it?) and jump started it. Ashton & Reilly had fallen asleep a few hours earlier so we told them to just leave them and they could pick them up after work on Tuesday. So much for going to the movies. Oh well, as I said earlier we have the luxury of being able to go whenever we want. So, we'll try again today. I'll let everybody know if it was worth the wait.


Mark and Dortha said...

Cute Kids...aren't grandkids great!

Debbie & Rod said...

I know!!! Grandkids are the BEST!!!