Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy 4th of July everybody (a day late)!! We went down to Michele & Todd's place for a barbecue dinner. Todd cooked up some burgers which were pretty yummy. I brought my camera with me (that I just bought) and didn't even take any pictures. We just have too much fun with them to be thinking about pictures. LOL Todd also bought some potato salad from this really nice grocery store called Harmon's. I don't normally eat anybody else's potato salad because most people put onions in it and I don't like onion in my potato salad. This was called fully loaded baked potato salad. It had red potatoes, cheese, bacon, sour cream and chives. It was soooooo good!

Ashton & Reilly are coming over today to spend the night. Michele & Todd have lots of housework and laundry to do and it's just easier without little ones underfoot. AND, we love having them overnight anyway. We're leaving here in about a week and we'll miss them LOTS!!

We made our plans and reservations for Yellowstone. We leave here on the 14th and should overnight somewhere along the way. It's going to be a fun time. We'll be staying at a RV park just 20 miles or so outside the west entrance. We'll have a whole month to explore Yellowstone. We usually need that much time to explore because we don't get out and about every day or very early when we do get out.

Well, I actually started this blog yesterday (Saturday) but when everybody came over that was the end of that. We barbecued steaks and I sauteed mushrooms and onion and had corn on the cob and pasta salad. I didn't get back to my computer until today (Sunday). Ashton and Reilly are playing in the pool that Michele and Todd brought over yesterday. They didn't get up this morning until 9:30. Holy Cow!! I made breakfast of bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast with jelly, of course, for the kids.

The pool was a BIG hit!

No comments: