Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lincoln Rd RV Park

We left Island Park, Idaho at about 10:30 Monday morning on our way to Helena, Montana. It was pretty warm when we left which was kinda a bummer cuz it's been so cold and now that it warmed up we were leaving. It was supposed to warm up into the lower 80's. Oh well, we had to leave anyway.

Yes, it all has to fit....


We had a really uneventful (read boring) drive through southern Montana. Kept the speed at 55 and averaged 9.9 mpg towing!! That's the best we've EVER done. We only drove 170 miles. Since my friend Dee loves campground pics I'm trying to take one at every campground we go to. This is a nice little campground but I think we like it because we got a spot on the end. I think we'd feel pretty crowded otherwise.




We went into Helena today in search of a Ford dealer. The Sirius radio in the truck went out when we were in Yellowstone on Friday. It's still under warranty and we really don't want to do without our Sirius. We've never had it before but it came with the truck and now we can't do without it. We found the dealership but they can't look at it until tomorrow so we'll bring it back.

We also saw a RV dealership and since there were a few things we needed we stopped in. I was looking for the hot water handle for the bathroom sink which had broken off. I've been super gluing it but it doesn't stay. The guy said I would have to replace the entire unit. Uh, I don't think so. He did give me the part number for the water filter though so I can buy it at Lowe's or Home Depot. So it wasn't a complete waste of time.

After that we went for lunch. We found a Chinese Buffet here. Yummy! And yes it was really, really yummy. I hope we can go back again before we leave here. We only have three days here, so probably not. Hmmmmm, I can hope.

After that we went into Helena for grocery shopping. I can't remember the last time I was actually excited to go grocery shopping. They have "real" stores here. There's a Safeway and an Albertson's. WOOOHOOOO. We chose to go to Safeway because, well for one thing there's a Starbuck's inside but really it's because they have a gas station and you can get ten cents off per gallon if you spend $100. Our total came up to $96.40. Oh no!! What to do??? Rod grabbed four Snickers candy bars and we were okay. LOL

That was it for our exciting day. From here we're headed for St Regis on Thursday.

2 comments:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Thank you for the campground pictures! It's good to know what we're getting into later. Great pictures.
Dee

Speedy said...

Yes if everyone would show what the campgrounds looked like we would soon have good campground reference guide for all the dreamers. By the way if you don't want those Snickers I'll take them

Joe and Sherri