Monday, August 25, 2008

Spokane & Vantage, Washington

We got a late start leaving St Regis. It was a little after 11:00 when we finally pulled out. We didn't have too far to go though and we were picking up an hour crossing into the Pacific Time Zone. YAY! We finally made it to Washington! We went from the southeast corner of the U.S. to the northwest corner of the U.S. in just eight months. We did stay in Georgia for a month, Texas for a month, Utah for two months and Idaho for a month. We're going to spend the next two months in Washington at Salt Creek County Park workamping. We get a free site for the time we're here so that'll be a big savings (that we'll probably use for fuel).

After we got set up at Riverside State Park in Spokane I called Jenny to let her know we were there. She was surprised we were so late but that's the way it goes when you're fulltiming. Can't be sure what time we're ever going to be somewhere. She came over with her gentleman friend, Richard and we had a little visit before heading out to dinner. It was a really cool local bar with a BUNCH of TVs. We weren't interested in what was going on with the TVs because we had so much to talk about. We had such a good time and it was sad to leave. I wish we would have had more time there. It was a GREAT visit and I can't wait for our mini rally in Texas so I can meet more people from our chatroom. We took it easy for the rest of the evening chatting in the chatroom and watching TV. We went to bed earlier than usual because we're still used to Mountain time and now we're on Pacific time. You'd think we would have gotten up earlier too but nope, that wasn't the case. We pulled out of Spokane at about 10:15.

Our campsite at Riverside State Park


Do you think they're having any fun at all??


Me and Jenny


She couldn't finish her dinner


We are now in Vantage having gotten here at about 2:30. We stopped at a produce place along the way. I was so happy to see one of these. I have been wanting some fresh produce for so long. I was like a little kid in a candy store in there. I bought green beans, tomatoes, Walla Walla sweet onions, and oh yeah, some Rainier cherries for my friend PennYE in Florida. She really loves them and they are so expensive in Florida so she's going to be SOOOOOO excited to be getting these.

We were also going to stop in George because there is a cafe there called Martha's Cafe . I've always wanted to eat at this place but we saw a little grocery store in town and stopped there first. They didn't really have anything cool or unusual there. We walked out the door and Rod spotted a Mexican restaurant on wheels. Well, forget Martha's. I'll take Mexican food any day! It was really, really good too.

As we got back on the freeway we saw Martha's and it was all closed up with a lot of weeds growing in the parking lot. I guess it didn't do very well and it's now closed. Oh well, good thing we got the Mexican food.

The bridge going over the Columbia River into Vantage



It's very windy here but the temp is nice. It was 77 this afternoon and now it's 70 so not too bad. Now we're just staying in tonight and watching the Chargers and Seahawks on TV. I don't usually get into pre-season football but we don't get to watch either team that much during regular season. Since I'm from San Diego and Rod's from the Seattle area it gets interesting in our house when these two teams play each other. Not really, it's just a game.

Tomorrow we're headed to my brother and sister-in-law's house in Graham. We're just gonna park in their yard for a few days before heading to Port Angeles. First stop though, is Kent to have lunch with Phyllis and her husband. Phyllis is another one of my chatroom friends that I've never met. It's so cool to be able to meet these people that you kinda already "know" from nightly chats on the computer. It should be another GREAT meeting.

2 comments:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

You're having Soooo much fun! I'm glad you're meeting the RV-Dreams chatters.
Dee

Speedy said...

Well I am really jealous!! You got to hug JJ and I didn't It has been a while since I have seen Jenny. She looks so happy...that is good. Tell Phyl Speedy says Hi and give her a hug for me.

Speedy.